Oysters are delicious either in a cocktail, fried, in clam chowder, or is a po’boy sandwich. Many people love them for their earthy and delicious taste and wonderful texture. However, an increasing number of health professionals are touting their extract. This is oyster peptide powder and this concoction whose main and active ingredient is a vital amino acid is increasingly desired by people all over the world. They can’t get enough of its many health benefits. Read further if you are interested in learning about these!
An ounce of oyster peptide powder a day can keep the doctor away!
Well, this may not be literally true, but oyster peptide powder has many health benefits. Some of them rival those of traditional multivitamins that are sold over-the-counter. These many health benefits are:
- It is rich in many minerals and vitamins needed for basic bodily and heart function. For example, oyster peptide powder is rich in calcium. Calcium is the key mineral the body uses when making bones. Therefore, the elderly and those at greatest risk of osteoporosis and other degenerative bone diseases benefit from this powder. In fact, this powder may be more effective at treating these bone diseases and stopping the thinning of bones than traditional hormone replacement therapy (HRT) and calcium multivitamins.
- Zinc and taurine are vital minerals and amino acids that are crucial in keeping the immune system healthy and well-functioning. They are also crucial in preserving eye function and in stopping or even reversing macular degeneration (a condition where the patient goes blind because the eyes deteriorate!)
- Oyster peptide powder has many other vital minerals, vitamins, and essential amino acids which are crucial in promoting good skin health. This is especially useful for diabetics who often suffer from extremely dry skin. The vitamins, minerals, and amino acids promote good cardiovascular function. This is good news for those suffering from acquired and congenital heart disease.
- Oyster peptide powder is rich in the proteins which the human body uses to create and repair muscles. Many bodybuilders and athletes love to use this supplement for this reason.
- Oyster peptide powder has active ingredients that may help boost serotonin levels. Since serotonin is a natural mood booster, people who take this supplement regularly have better moods and suffer from depression much less often.
Oyster peptide powder may not be a wonder drug, but
While today’s pharmaceutical majors currently do not know how to create a ‘wonder drug’ that cures but has no side effects like lactoferrin powder uses, they may have found a close alternative in the form of oyster peptide powder because of its many health benefits in relation to its side effects.